50 Select QUOTES from
A COURSE IN MIRACLES
[Please note: All of A Course in Miracles is equally profound.
I simply chose the words that resonated the most with me on this reading.
Please forgive any mistakes made in transcribing. ; ) ]
1. Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.
Herein lies the peace of God. (Introduction)
2. Miracles occur naturally as expressions of love.
They are performed by those who temporarily have more for those who temporarily have less.
3. This course does not aim at teaching the meaning of love,
for that is beyond what can be taught.
It does aim, however, at removing the blocks to the awareness of love’s presence,
which is your natural inheritance.
4″You are free to believe what you choose, and what you do attests to what you believe.” II.9
5″You are the work of God, and His work is wholly lovable and wholly loving.
This is how a man must think of himself in his heart, because this is what he is.” III.3-4
6″Spirit is in a state of grace forever.
Your reality is only spirit.
Therefore you are in a state of grace forever.”
7. “I am the light of the world.
Forgiveness is my function as the light of the world.
The light of the world brings peace to every mind through my forgiveness.”
8. The mind that serves spirit is invulnerable. IV.11
9. Darkness is lack of light as sin is lack of love.
It has no unique properties of its own.
It is an example of the “scarcity” belief, from which only error can proceed.
Truth is always abundant.
Those who perceive and acknowledge that they have everything have no needs of any kind.” IV.1-5
10) “God is not partial.
All His children have His total Love, and all His gifts are freely given to everyone alike.”
11) “Whatever is true is eternal, and cannot change or be changed.
Spirit is therefore unalterable because it is already perfect,
but the mind can elect what it chooses to serve.
The only limit put on its choice is that it cannot serve two masters.”
12) “You who want peace can only find it by complete forgiveness.” (VI.1)
13) “A sense of separation from God is the only lack you really need correct.” VI.2.1
14) “Perfect love casts out fear.
If fear exists,
There there is not perfect love.
Only perfect love exists.
If there is fear,
It produces a state that does not exist.”
15) “All real pleasure comes from doing God’s Will.
This is because not doing it is a denial of Self.” (VII.1.4-5)
16) “This is a course in mind training.
All learning involves attention and study at some level.” (I.VII.4.1-2)
17) “Healing is of God in the end.
The means are being carefully explained to you.
Revelation may occasionally reveal the end to you,
but to reach it the means are needed.” (I.VII.5.9-10)
18) “What is seen in dreams seems to be very real.
Yet the Bible says that a deep sleep fell upon Adam,
and nowhere is there reference to his waking up.
The world has not yet experienced any comprehensive reawakening or rebirth.
Such a rebirth is impossible as long as you continue to project or miscreate.” (II.I.3.5-8)
19) “All fear is ultimately reducible to the basic misperception that you have the ability to usurp the power of God.” (II.I.4.1)
20) Some miracles may seem to be of greater magnitude than others.
But remember the first principle of the course; there is no order of difficulty in miracles.
In reality you are perfectly unaffected by all expressions of lack of love.
These can be from yourself and others, from yourself to others, or from others to you.
Peace is an attribute in you.
You cannot find it outside.” ( II.I.5.4-9)
21) “Illness is some form of external searching.
Health is inner peace.” (II.I.5.10-11)
22) “When you are afraid of anything, you are acknowledging its power to hurt you.
Remember that where your heart is, there is your treasure also.
You believe in what you value.
If you are afraid, you are valuing wrongly.” (II.II.1.4-7)
23) “True denial is a powerful protective device.
You can and should deny any belief that error can hurt you.
This kind of denial is not a concealment
but a correction.” (II.II.2.1-3)
24) “Learning itself, like the classrooms in which it occurs, is temporary.
The ability to learn has no value when change is no longer necessary.
The eternally creative have nothing to learn…
Only while there is a belief in differences is learning meaningful.” (II.II.5.4-6)
25) “Tolerance for pain may be high, but it is not without limit.
Eventually everyone begins to recognize, however dimly, that there must be a better way.
As this recognition becomes more firmly established, it becomes a turning point.
This ultimately reawakens spiritual vision, simultaneously weakening the investment in physical sight.
The alternating investment in the two levels of perception is usually experienced as conflict, which can become very acute.
But the outcome is as certain as God.” (2.III.3.5-10)
26) “Whenever you are afraid you are deceived, and your mind cannot serve the Holy Spirit.”
27) “All healing is essentially the release from fear.” (2.IV.1.7)
28) “It is essential to remember that only the mind can create, and that correction beings at the thought level…
spirit is already perfect and therefore does not require correction.
The body does not exist except as a learning device for the mind.” (2.V.1.7-9)
29) “You may believe that you are responsible for what you do, but not for what you think.
The truth is that you are responsible for what you think because it is only at this level that you can exercise choice.
What you do comes from what you think.” (2.VI.2.5-7)
30) “Before you choose to do anything, ask me if your choice is in accord with mine.
If you are sure that it is, there will be no fear.” (2.VI.4.9-10)
31) “Few appreciate the real power of the mind, and no one remains fully aware of it all the time.
However, if you hope to spare yourself from fear there are some things you must realize, and realize fully.
The mind is very powerful, and never loses its creative force.
It never sleeps.
Every instant it is creating.
It is hard to recognize that thought and belief combine into a power surge that can literally move mountains.
It appears at first glance that to believe such power about yourself is arrogant,
but that is not the real reason you not believe it.
You prefer to believe that your thoughts cannot exert real influence because you are actually afraid of them…
There are no idle thoughts.
All thinking produces form at some level.” (2. VI.9.5-14)
32) “You have been fearful of everyone and everything.
You are afraid of God, of me and of yourself.
You have misperceived or mistreated Us, and believe in what you have made.
You would not have done this if you were not afraid of your own thoughts.” (2. VII.3.4-7)
33) “Confidence cannot develop fully until mastery has been accomplished…
Readiness is only the beginning of confidence.
You may think this implies that an enormous amount of time is necessary between readiness and mastery,
but let me remind you that time and space are under my control.” (2.VII.7.6)
34) “Nothing and everything cannot coexist.
To believe in one is to deny the other.
Fear is really nothing and love is everything.
Whenever light enters darkness, the darkness is abolished.” (2.VII.5.1-5)
35) “I have made every effort to use words that are almost impossible to distort,
but it is always possible to twist symbols around if you wish.” (3.I.4.11)
36) “Good teachers never terrorize their students.
To terrorize is to attack, and this results in rejection of what the teacher offers.
The result is learning failure.” (3.I.4.5-7)
37) “Innocence is not a partial attribute.
It is not real until it is total.
The partly innocent are apt to be quite foolish at times.
It is not until their innocence become a viewpoint with universal application that it becomes wisdom.”
38) “Questioning illusions is the first step in undoing them.”
39) “If you attack error in another, you will hurt yourself.
You cannot know your brother when you attack him.
Attack is always made upon a stranger.
You are making him a stranger by misperceiving him, and so you cannot know him.
It is because you have made him a stranger that you are afraid of him.
There are no strangers in God’s creation.”
40) “God knows His children with perfect certainty.
He created them by knowing them.
He recognizes them perfectly.
When they do not recognize each other, they do not recognize Him.”
41) “Love created me like itself…Love holds no grievances.”
42) When I [Jesus] said, “I am with you always,” I meant it literally.
I am not absent to anyone in any situation.
Because I am always with you, you are the way and the truth and the light.
You did not make this power, any more than I did.
It was created to be shared and therefore cannot be meaningfully perceived as
belonging to anyone at the expense of another.
Such a perception makes it meaningless by eliminating or overlooking its real and only meaning.
43) “Because God’s equal Songs have everything, they cannot compete.
Yet if they perceive any of their brothers as anything other than their perfect equals, the idea of competition has entered minds.
Do not underestimate your need to be vigilant against this idea, because all your conflicts come from it.
It is the belief that conflicting interests are possible, and therefore you have accepted the impossible as true.” (7.V.28, 1-4)
44) “Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven because that is where the laws of God operate truly, and they can operate only truly since they are the laws of Truth.
But seek this only because you can find nothing else.
There is nothing else.
God is all in all in a very literal sense.
All being is in Him who is all Being.
You are therefore in Him since your being is His.” (7.V.38, 1-4)
45) “Healing only strengthens. Magic always tries to weaken.
Healing perceives nothing in the healer that everyone else does not share with him.
Magic always sees something “special” in the healer which he believes
he can offer as a gift to someone who does not have it.
He may believe that the gift comes from God to Him,
but it is quite evident that he does not understand God
if he things he has something that others lack.”
46) “You do not need God’s blessing since that you have forever, but you do need yours.
The picture you see of yourselves is deprived, unloving, and very vulnerable.
You cannot love this.
Yet you can very easily escape from it or better, leave it behind.
You are not there, and that is not you.
Do not see this picture in anyone, or you have accepted it as you.” (7.VIII.73.1-4)
47) One Child of God is the only teacher sufficiently worthy to teach another.
One Teacher is in all your minds, and He teaches the same lesson to all.
He always teaches you the inestimable worth of every Son of God, teaching it with infinite patience born of the infinite love for which he speaks.
48) “Glory be to God in the highest and to you because He has so willed it.
Ask and it shall be give you because it has already been given.
Ask for light and learn that you are light.
If you want understanding and enlightenment,
you will learn it because your will to learn it is your decisions to listen to the Teacher who knows of light and can therefore teach it to you.(8.IV.16.1-3)
49) “Forget not the Kingdom of God for anything the world has to offer.
The world can add nothing to the power and the glory of God and His holy Sons, but it can blind the Sons to the Father if they behold it.
You cannot behold the world and know God. Only one is true.”
50) “No one created by God can find joy in anything except the eternal…nothing else is worthy of him.”